Activities & Scavenger Hunt
1. Discover the Midwest states. Travel through the sites provided to see maps and learn more about the midwest.
Minnesota - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota
Missouri - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri
Wisconsin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin
Illinois - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois
Michigan - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan
Indiana - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana
2. Go on a scavenger hunt!
Use online resources to find out about the geography of the Midwestern states. Answer the following questions. Use the links to get the answers.
1. List the 8 states in the Midwestern region of the United States.
2. What are the capitals of each of the 8 Midwestern states?
3. What is the name of the major river that flows from North to South through the Midwest, America’s Heartland?
4. How long is the Mississippi River?
5. Name the 5 great lakes found in the Midwest.
6. Name 3 cereal crops grown in the Midwest.
7. Chicago, Illinois has one of the tallest buildings in the world, what is its name?